Monday, December 20, 2010

Editing/ the virtual world of role play/ lunar eclipse 2-nite!

          So I've finished editing my first two chapters. My Sister is still reading my third chapter. It took some work :) Next time I think I'm going to edit the chapter as soon as I get it back, instead of waiting until I've written other chapters and having to edit them all at once. That could get tricky if I end up editing ten chapters at once lol. Yeah, so no more procrastinating.

        On to other news: I have entered the world of role play. Okay well I've been visiting virtual lands on Second Life for awhile now. I've made my avatar many things (mermaid, fairy, elf, and even a native American in Tombstone, AZ), but I've never REALLY role played as how I define role play. But now I have joined a "real" role play group in the virtual world of Ambrea. It's a land full of fairies, dragons, elves, and other weird creatures. There are some things about the land I do not like......like the story behind it comes with a pantheon.
       So I had to figure out how to make my character fit into this role play world but not give homage to any false gods (whether in a fictional world or not....just not gonna go there). So I became an angel....an angel with amnesia lol. My character "Osbrasia" just knows that she is from a heavenly plane of existence and was sent to Ambrea to spread the light.  So how to do that? I have no idea but there are job openings for candle makers, Apothecaries assistants, and defenders. Candle maker sounds safe and gods-less (new word ha!).
       Anywho, I have met some interesting people in this virtual world and a few nice people willing to help me understand the role play. For those of you who have never played a game like this let me explain. When you role play you have to type out everything you do. For instance: if my character was entering a room I wouldn't just walk in....I would type something like  "Osbrasia holds her head down as she enters the room. She wonders if anyone notices her. She scans the room and thinks to herself * my what strange customs these humans have."
                So as you can see this type of game puts my writing skills to the test...especially since I have to think and type quick. It's really fun during battles. And I'm excited about the battle aspect because I think reading how other people narrate a battle will help me with writing battles in my book.
           
           It's funny because I actually had help with this the other night. My friend was teaching me how to do a battle with the role play system (rps) and she was writing that she tried to disarm me. So I wrote back that the daggers flew out of my hand and I rolled out of the way. And she was asking me to get more detailed...like did my hand bleed when she cut me...did I cry out in pain. And she was right on cause in real battle when you get hurt you have a reaction. So I had to rewrite my response. She said that details make the role play more interesting. So now I know. Had it been a real role play moment then my character probably would've fled the scene lol. But I do have a sword now so I can defend myself if I get attacked by robbers or something in the bad lands........there are scary creatures like werewolves and vampires in Ambrea. Although they don't act it....in fact one of the vampire families through a ball for everyone. My favorite thing though is to ride my horse through the virtual lands. Anywho, I doubt I'll see too much action if I become a candle maker.

                     This is rather long but I'll end it with two things: first tonight we have a complete lunar eclipse so set your alarms between 1-3 am (EST) and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. I am so glad we have a REAL God who created this world to be one of order....not of chaos (like the pagan false gods). I can't quote the Bible when I role play but maybe I can be a witness one on one with other role players through private messaging. Games are fun and fantasy is fun but at the end of the day there is only ONE who make life worth living and that is Jesus Christ :)

               Second: If anyone reads this please respond, what do you like most about the fantasy genre and what do you hate most about it? Every genre has it's good and it's bad. Let me know ;)

             God Bless and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment